About Me

My photo
Just a twelve-year-old obsessed with drawing.

WHERE IS IT??!!??

Thursday, April 15, 2010

New stuff

I was playing with this drawing program--scribbles--(I actually always use it.) And I figured out a sort of cool technique. It doesn't work that wonderfully but it is fun to play with. Start with a drawing.

Then draw a big gray over that drawing--about halfway between black and white, and in a layer underneath the drawing.


Then use the soft eraser tool for highlights (light), and use a little darker of a gray than the background for the really dark shadows. This is the hard part that takes a lot of practice and a lot of other tutorials than this one. This is just a technique for if you already know how to draw, not a "How To Draw--For Beginners" kind of thing.




Next use the colors you want the person to be to color him in a layer underneath. Oh, and get rid of the line drawing and shape up the edges. 


voila!!!
It's a little faded and... I dunno. It's just fun to play with. It would be fun to try different starting colors--the background. I would like to see any drawings using this, see how it works out with other attempts

No comments:

Post a Comment